The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- February 1st, 1921 (Amberg/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- August 18th, 2001 (Amberg/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Max Diepold flew a total of 500 sorties with the Ju 87 during WWII, of which about 150 were anti-tank sorties with the Ju 87G. In total he claimed to have destroyed 87 Allied tanks.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- OBERMAIER, ERNST, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Verlag Dieter Hoffmann, Mainz, 1976.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945