The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- February 4th, 1917 (Bindsachen/Upper Hesse, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 1st, 1945 (Missing during action Bodenplatte, Belgium)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (Flying Officer)
- Staffelkapitän, 2. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Lehrgeschwader 2, Luftwaffe
- Awarded on:
- August 21st, 1941
Awarded after flying over 200 sorties and achieving 7 aerial victories with his He-123. He also achieved a number of notable successes with his Staffel as a whole. On the 24.06.1941 he and his Staffel attacked a group of 30-40 enemy tanks south of Grodno that were attacking from Sokolka into the flank of German troops that were in turn attacking from Kuzniza. Druschel and his aircraft claimed to have destroyed 11 enemy tanks on this day, and managed to force the enemy to break off towards the south. Druschel’s Staffel would later achieve another notable success on the 06.07.1941. On this day they saved the Ulla bridgehead by smashing enemy forces around the Lohwsa train station and Gubiza.
Awarded for further individual and command achievements during operations at Kertsch, Sevastopol and the Caucasus. By this time he had flown over 600 sorties. A particularly notable success took place on the 12.06.1942 when he destroyed an ammunition train along the Kharkov-Kupyansk railway (about 60 km ESE of Kharkov itself).
Awarded for his flying over 700 sorties as well as the great successes of his Gruppe at Voronezh, Rostov, along the Don and at Stalingrad.
- Photo 1: Wilco Vermeer
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Katalog 32.Auktion, Auktionshaus Andreas Thies, 3 mai 2007
- Aces of the Luftwaffe