The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- August 25th, 1914 (Idar-Oberstein/Oldenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 15th, 2004 (Dötligen-Wildeshausen/Lower Saxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Hermann Hogeback flew more than 500 operational sorties.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann (Flight Lieutenant)
- Kommandeur, III. Gruppe, Kampfgeschwader 6, Luftwaffe
- Awarded on:
- February 19th, 1943
Awarded after flying 416 sorties as a bomber pilot. Since his award of the Knight’s Cross he had distinguished himself during new missions on the Eastern front (especially in support of the siege of Sevastopol) and in operations against England.
Awarded after flying about 500 sorties as a bomber pilot. He distinguished himself while commanding the Kampfgeschwader 6 in its late-war missions against England.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- KUROWSKI, F., Knight's Cross Holders of the Afrikakorps, Schiffer Publishing Ltd., Atglen, United States, 1996.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Wehrmacht Awards.com