- Date of birth:
- March 6th, 1915 (Hamburg/Lower Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 25th, 1990 (Celle/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Carl Emmermann sunk in five operational sails (373 days at sea) a total of 27 ships with a combined tonnage of 52.080BRT.
Carl Emmermann died in Celle on March 25th, 1990, but was buried in Völlinghausen.
1934: In service Kriegsmarine;
November 5th, 1941 - October 31st, 1943: Kommandant "U 172";
?: Kommandant "U 3037";
May 8th, 1945 - September 2nd, 1945: British POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Käpitanleutnant (Lieutenant)
- Kommandant "U 172"
- Awarded on:
- July 4th, 1943
- Photo 1: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- Photo: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001