The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Winckel, Christiaan Philip "Flip" Karel
- Date of birth:
- April 16th, 1919 (Batavia, Dutch East Indies)
- Date of death:
- September 18th, 2009 (Wassenaar, the Netherlands)
- Dutch (1815-present, Kingdom)
Mr Christiaan Philip Karel Winckel (BK) was born in Batavia on April 16th 1919, former 1st Lieutenant Infantry Royal Netherlands East Indien Army, former subst auditeur-militair Temporaire Krijgsraden. (Military Court).
Crossed as "Engelandvaarder" with four others from Zuidland (the Netherlands) to Lowesoft (England) on Februari 23rd 1944, the only succeeded crossing by "Engelandvaarders" in 1944.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- 1e Luitenant (1st Lieutenant)
- KNIL Speciale Diensten
- Awarded on:
- May 26th, 1944
"For during wartime with danger for his own life, escaping from occupied Holland directly to England, with the goal to serve the Dutch Government".
Royal Decree No 9 on May 26th 1944.
Was at the time of the action still Dienstplichtig Sergeant.
- Photo 1: George Winckel
- Photo: George Winckel, Pop-up, presspoto "Sail to England"
- - Royal Decree 26 may, 1944 no. 9
- Dessing A., "Tulpen voor Wilhelmina" - De geschiedenis van de Engelandvaarders, Uitgeverij Bert Bakker