- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalmajor (Brigadier)
- Kommandeur 12.Infanterie-Division / II.Armee-Korps / 4. Armee / Heeresgruppe B
- Awarded on:
- August 15th, 1940
Awarded for his command achievements in France, specifically...
1) Breaking through the extended Maginot Line with his division to the east of Trelon on 17.05.1940, following heavy fighting. Through his personal reconnaissance of the terrain and enemy forces Seydlitz-Kurzbach was able to skillfully direct his forces to victory.
2) Forcing a crossing over the Canal de la Haute Deule on 26-27.05.1940, during which strong enemy counterattacks were repelled.
3) The crossing over the Somme on 05.06.1940.