- Date of birth:
- March 18th, 1913 (Bremen, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 9th, 2018 (Bremen, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
April 1st, 1933: Offiziersanwärter;
July 1st, 1934: Fähnrich zur See;
April 1st, 1936: Oberfähnrich zur See;
October 1st, 1936: Leutnant zur See;
June 1st, 1938: Oberleutnant zur See;
December 1st, 1940: Kapitänleutnant;
March 1st, 1944: Korvettenkapitän.
April 1st, 1933: Reichsmarine;
1933: Kreuzer Karlsruhe;
February 1st, 1935 - September 30th, 1936: Marineflieger Ausbildung, Warnemünde/Parow;
August 19th, 1940 - December 1st, 1940: Kommandantenschüler / I. Wachoffizier "U 124";
December 11th, 1940 - April 1941: Kommandeur "U 147";
April 1941 - July 31st, 1942: Kommandeur "U 123";
July 31st, 1942: Ausbilder 27. Unterseebootsflottille, Gotenhafen;
March 1943: Leiter derU-Boot-Abteilung, Torpedoschule Mürwick;
February 1945: Kommandeur I. / Marine-Infanterie-Regiment 6;
? - November 1946: British POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Käpitanleutnant (Lieutenant)
- Awarded on:
- April 14th, 1942
"In the successes in the Atlantic, the submarines of Kapitänleutnant Hardegen and of Oberleutnant zur See Lassen particularly distinguished themselves."
Awarded the Oakleaves for his very successful final U-Boat patrol before being ordered to retire on account of his health. On this last patrol he sank a total of 8 ships (with 45972 GRT) and damaged 3 more.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- KUROWSKI, F., Knight's Cross Holders of the U-Boat Service, Schiffer Publishing Ltd., Atglen, United States, 1995.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Deutsche Marinesoldaten