The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Rohr, von, Hans-Babo
- Date of birth:
- October 9th, 1922 (Wolletz/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 14th, 1945 (near Konitz/West Prussia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Hans-Babo von Rohrwas posthumously promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
Awarded for his actions during the battle of Konitz on 14.02.1945. During this battle part of the armoured Kampfgruppe of the 7. Panzer-Division, including a Panzer Kompanie led by Leutnant von Rohr, were able to penetrate into the built-up area of the city. They attacked the enemy armoured group located there from all sides and destroyed it, and in doing so thwarted the enemy’s objective of breaking through towards the north. Leutnant von Rohr distinguished himself in this fight, destroying 8 tanks with his Panzer and 2 more in close combat.
With this he brought his total of destroyed enemy armour to 58, of which 6 were knocked out in close combat. However von Rohr would be badly wounded during the fight and died the next day as a result of his injuries. He was thus posthumously awarded the Oakleaves.
- Photo 1: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- Photo: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- - FEDERL, CH., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2000.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- MANTEUFFEL, H. VON, Die 7. Panzer-Division, Podzun-Pallas-Verlag GmbH, Wölfersheim-Berstadt, 1978.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1998.
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001