- Date of birth:
- March 29th, 1916 (Woppmannsdorf/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 12th, 2011 (Ingolstadt/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
According to some sources, Albert Kerscher was awarded or recommended to the Eichenlaub zum Eisernes Kreuz on April 20th, 1945. No primary sources have yet been found to upport that.
After the Second World War he served with the Bundeswehr from 1956 until 1969, where he finally reached the rank of Oberstabsfeldwebel.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Feldwebel (Staff Sergeant)
- Panzer Kommandant 2. / schwere Panzer-Abteilung 502
- Awarded on:
- October 23rd, 1944
Awarded for his successes in tank combat as the wingman of Otto Carius. By the end of the war he had destroyed over 100 enemy tanks over the course of 97 armoured engagements.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Axis History Biographical Research via Axis History Forum