The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- March 29th, 1916 (Woppmannsdorf/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 12th, 2011 (Ingolstadt/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
According to some sources, Albert Kerscher was awarded or recommended to the Eichenlaub zum Eisernes Kreuz on April 20th, 1945. No primary sources have yet been found to upport that.
After the Second World War he served with the Bundeswehr from 1956 until 1969, where he finally reached the rank of Oberstabsfeldwebel.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Feldwebel (Staff Sergeant)
- Panzer Kommandant 2. / schwere Panzer-Abteilung 502
- Awarded on:
- October 23rd, 1944
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Axis History Biographical Research via Axis History Forum