The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Hoffmann von Waldau, Otto
- Date of birth:
- July 7th, 1898 (Bankau/Upper-Silesia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- May 17th, 1943 (Petric/Macedonia, Yougoslavia)
- Buried on:
- German War Cemetery Dionyssos-Rapendoza
Plot: 1. Row: 4. Grave: 7.
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Otto Hoffmann von Waldau was killed in an aircrash near Petric on 17th May 1943 as Befehlshaber des Luftwaffenkommandos Südost and with the rank of General der Flieger.
27th January 1917: Fähnrich;
22nd March 1917: Leutnant;
1st August 1925: Oberleutnant;
1st March 1933: Rittmeister;
1st August 1935: Major;
1st October 1937: Oberstleutnant;
22nd September 1939: Oberst;
19th July 1940: Generalmajor;
1st March 1942: Generalleutnant;
30th January 1943: General der Flieger.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Gareth Collins
- Photo: Gareth Collins, Axis Biographical Research
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- KUROWSKI, F., Knight's Cross Holders of the Afrikakorps, Schiffer Publishing Ltd., Atglen, United States, 1996.
- Royal Decree No. 3517/23 December 1941, Romania
- Axis History Biographical Research via Axis History Forum
- Axis Biographical Research
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.