- Date of birth:
- April 12th, 1923 (Arnsberg/Westernphalia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 2nd, 2008 (Emsdetten/North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Robert Rahlenbeck was born in Arnsberg on April 12th, 1923. In April 1942 he enlisted in the Werhmacht and served with the Jäger-Regiment 38. In August 1943, Rahlenbeck and his unit fought in the Demjansk area, south of Staraja Russa, near Penna.
He died on December 2nd, 2008.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Richtschütze 16. / Jäger-Regiment 38 / 8.Jäger-Division
- Awarded on:
- August 23rd, 1943
Robert Rahlenbeck was awarded his Knight’s Cross for capturing a Soviet T-34 and then burying it as a fortified gun position, where he destroyed 23 other Soviet T-34's
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Ritterkreuz Archiv I/2009, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, März 2009, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die Ritterkreuztraeger der Deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS