- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (Flying Officer)
- Flugzeugführer, 2. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Kampfgeschwader 51 "Edelweiss", Luftwaffe
- Awarded on:
- July 25th, 1942
Awarded for his accomplishments as a bomber pilot. By the time of receiving the award he had flown 172 sorties, and achieved the following notable successes…
- Sunk a Soviet landing craft and torpedo boat off the coast of Kerch in December 1941.
- Sunk a 4000 GRT freighter in the Black Sea.
- Dive-bombed and sank an anti-aircraft barge in the Severnaya Bay (near Sevastopol) on the 18.06.1942.