The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- August 6th, 1907 (Holzminden/Braunschweig, Germany)
- Date of death:
- July 25th, 1982 (Holzminden/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Dr. Carl Langemeyer finally reached the rank of Oberstabsarzt during the Second World War and served after the war with the Bundeswehr, finally reaching the rank of Oberfeldarzt der Reserve.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Stabsarzt der Reserve
- Kommandeur, Fallschirm-Sanitäts-Lehr-Abteilung Nancy, Luftwaff
- Awarded on:
- November 18th, 1944
At the end of August 1944 the Fallschirm-Sanitäts-Lehr-Abteilung was deployed as an infantry unit in the defensive battles around Nancy-Luneville, later being subordinated to the 15. Panzergrenadier-Division. In Priesterwald Langemeyer and his men were three times able to eject US paratroopers from the territory they had captured. During the last attack of the Bataillon on the 30.09.1944 in a forest battle, Langemeyer was wounded through a shot to the foot. He nonetheless continued to lead his scratch Kampfgruppe of about 100 men for another three hours before being evacuated. For his achievements during his brief spell as an infantry commander he would be decorated with the Knight’s Cross.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1986.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ritterkreuz Archiv, IV2017