- Date of birth:
- March 13th, 1889 (Forsthaus Zehnebeck-Angermünde/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 19th, 1964 (Hamburg/Lowersaxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
1st September 1944: Fähnrich zur See der Reserve;
1st November 1944: Leutnant zur See der Reserve;
1945: Oberleutnant zur See der Reserve.
1911 - 1912: Kaiserlichen Marine;
1914 - 1919: 4.Offizier, Hapag, Canada;
December 1941 - December 1943: Kapitän Blockadebrecher "Osorno";
1st July 1944 - September 1944: Kriegsmarine, Offizierslehrgang.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Kapitän der Handelsmarine
- Kapitän Blockadebrecher "Osorno"
- Awarded on:
- January 6th, 1944
Awarded for his successful run from Japan to western France as captain of the blockade runner “Osorno”. Arriving in December 1943, his vessel was loaded with extremely valuable raw materials. Along the way the ship succeeded in shooting down a British Sunderland flying boat.
- Photo 1: Walter Knur
- - DÖRR, MANFRED, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehmacht 1939–1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück, 1995.
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Marine Soldaten