The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Engelbrecht, Erwin (WH-136.Infanterie-Division)
- Date of birth:
- November 12th, 1891 (Wildpark-Potsdam/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 8th, 1964 (Munich/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Erwin Engelbrecht finally reached the rank of General der Artillerie.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalmajor (Brigadier)
- Kommandeur 163.Infanterie-Division
- Awarded on:
- May 9th, 1940
Awarded for his actions during the Norwegian campaign. In this time he and his Division beat back and eventually forced the surrender of the Norwegian forces located to the northwest of Oslo, and in doing so facilitated swift contact between the other German footholds in Norway. On the 30.04.1940 he accepted the surrender of the 4th Norwegian Brigade.
- - THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio Verlag, Bissendorf, 2003.
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945