- Date of birth:
- January 8th, 1913 (Nonnenweiher/Baden, Germany)
- Date of death:
- September 13th, 1942 (Mediterranean, near Greece)
- Buried on:
- German War Cemetery Dionyssos-Rapendoza
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Erhard Stahl was reported missing in action near Greece on September 13th, 1942. At that moment he was Staffelfkapitän with the rank of Leutnant. He was posthumously promoted to Oberleutnant.
His name is engraved at the German Warcemetery Dionyssos-Rapendoza, Monument 2, Row 9, Plaque 8.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberfeldwebel (Flight Sergeant)
- Flugzeugführer 3. (K) / Lehrgeschwader 1
- Awarded on:
- April 16th, 1942
Awarded in recognition of his 155 sorties flown in the West and North Africa. During this time he and his crew were credited with the destruction of numerous aircraft on the ground and ~50 motor vehicles. They also claimed to have sunk a heavy cruiser and several transport ships as well as damaging another cruiser and a transport.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- URBANKE, AXEL & KAISER, JOCHEN, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Kampfflieger, Luftfahrtverlag-Start, 2011.
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.