- Date of birth:
- August 30th, 1911 (Eggersdorf-Lebus/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- May 26th, 1943 (West of Cape Ortegal)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Günther Seibicke entered the Kriegsmarine in 1932. From September 27th, 1941 until May 26th, 1943 he was Kommandant of "U 436". He was killed when his ship was sunk at 43.49N / 15.56W by H.M.S. Test and H.M.S. Hyderabad, escortships of convoy AHL47. At that moment he was on his eighth journey and had sunk seven ships with a total of 36.499BRT.
He had finally reached the rank of Korvettenkapitän.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Käpitanleutnant (Lieutenant)
- Kommandant "U 436"
- Awarded on:
- March 27th, 1943
Awarded for his successes as commander of U-436, which consisted of 7 enemy ships sunk (with 36499 GRT) and a further 2 damaged (with 15575 GRT).