Ruppert, Hermann (Sturzkampfgeschwader 77)
- Date of birth:
- August 8th, 1915 (Irbit/Siberia, Soviet Union)
- Date of death:
- March 2nd, 1942 (near Golubovka, Soviet Union)
- Buried on:
- German War Cemetery Kharkiv
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Hermann Ruppert was killed in action on March 2nd, 1942, when he was shot down near Golubovka. He was probably buried as an unknown soldier at the German War Cemetery in Charkov.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (Flying Officer)
- Staffelkapitän 6. / Sturzkampfgeschwader 77
- Awarded on:
- November 23rd, 1941
Awarded for his Staffel's success against Soviet shipping in the Black Sea during the autumn of 1941. Altogether the Staffel sunk 5 warships and 4 freighters with 11000 GRT during this time, and also damaged several other ships.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- OBERMAIER, ERNST, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Verlag Dieter Hoffmann, Mainz, 1976.
- Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.