Zorn, Eduard Emil Karl
- Date of birth:
- August 8th, 1901 (Munich/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 4th, 1945 (Colmar/Alsace, France)
- Buried on:
- War Cemetery München
Row: 100. Grave: 15.
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
1 juli 1934: Hauptmann;
1 april 1939: Major;
1 februari 1942: Oberstleutnant;
1 januari 1943: Oberst im Generalstab (RDA: -52-);
1 februari 1945: Generalmajor (posthumously).
August 26th, 1939: Ia, 86. Infanterie-Division;
October 15ht, 1939: Ia, 2. Gebirgs-Division;
February 5th, 1943: Führerreserve OKH;
March 15th, 1943: Oberquartiermeister, Heeresgruppe E;
August 16th, 1943: Oberquartiermeister, Heeresgruppe F;
December 2nd, 1943: Führerreserve OKH;
January 25th, 1944: Oberquartiermeister, 19. Armee;
September 10th, 1944: Oberquartiermeister, Heeresgruppe G;
November 1st, 1944: Führerreserve OKH;
November 15th, 1944: mdFb 16. Volksgrenadier-Division;
December 29th, 1944: mdFb 189. Infanterie-Division.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst im Generalstab (Colonel to the General Staff)
- Führer, 189. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- December 25th, 1944
Received for the successful command of his division during an attack on 3/12/1944 northeast of the village of Mulhouse in the Alsace region of France. With Jagdpanther support his soldiers recaptured an important bridge and temporarily cut an allied supply route. In the process of the attack 13 tanks were destroyed or captured.
Awarded for the defensive achievements of his division during the battle of the Colmar pocket.
- Photo 1: Stephane Kayser
- Photo: Stephane Kayser
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1998.
- Vortragsnotiz, Ag P1 Chefgruppe, 2 Februar 1945.