- Date of birth:
- March 10th, 1914 (Berlin-Wilmersdorf/Barandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- October 2nd, 1996 (Chur, Switzerland)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
?: Unteroffizier der Reserve;
?: Leutnant der Reserve;
?: Oberleutnant der Reserve;
?: Hauptmann der Reserve;
January 1945: Major der Reserve.
April 1932: Banklehre, Berliner Handelsgesellschaft (BHG);
?: Reserveoffiziersanwärter Artillerie-Regiment;
?: Berliner Handelsgesellschaft (BHG);
1939: Lehrgang Artillerieschule Juterborg;
?: IV. Abteilung / Artillerie-Regiment 257 (motorisiert);
October 22nd, 1940: schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 845;
?: Chef 1. Batterie / schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 845;
1945 - 1950: POW;
1950 - 1979: Berliner Handelsgesellschaft (BHG).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann der Reserve (Captain of Reserves)
- Chef, 1. Batterie, schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 845, VI. Armeekorps, Heer
- Awarded on:
- February 6th, 1944
On 23.12.1943 Wehlitz and his battery had to defend against violent Soviet attacks during the fighting around Vitebsk. Through his courage and skill he was able to hold the positions assigned and thus enable a new defensive line to be built. For this action he was awarded the Knight's Cross.