The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Aben, Peter Johannes Cornelis "Cor"
- Date of birth:
- April 1st, 1919 (Venray, the Netherlands)
- Date of death:
- July 13th, 2012 (Venlo, the Netherlands)
- Dutch (1815-present, Kingdom)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Dienstplichtig Soldaat (Enlisted Private)
- Awarded on:
- April 22nd, 1948
He has distinguished himself in the face of the enemy on May 10th, 1940, being posted to Kazemat 121 (bunker) near Venlo, by operating the lighht machinegun under heavy fire and, undeterred and together with his commanding officer, having taken the machinegun out of the bunker to an open position outside in order to obtain a better field of fire and inflicting heavy losses on the enemy.
Royal Decree No. 77.
- - HEUVEL, C.C. VAN DEN e.a., Verzetsherdenkingskruis, Samsom Uitgeverij, 1985.
- MEIJER, H.G., Bronzen Leeuw, Bronzen Kruis, De Bataafsche Leeuw, Amsterdam, 1990.