The Tula arms museum was founded at the Tula gun factory in 1873. Its exposition illustrates the complete evolution of firearms and cold-steel weapons from battle-axes to silent submachine guns.
The weapons of XVIII-XIX cc. are mainly of Tula production. The later ones are produced at other Russian factories too. Though guns, pistols, sabers of the East, Western Europe and America are not numerous, they perfectly serve as a background for the weaponry of the Russian army and give the opportunity to compare achievements of Russian and foreign gunsmiths. Beauty of finished guns both of old and today makes the whole atmosphere of the museum delicate and elegant. The collection of hunting and sporting pieces would satisfy the strictest gun-lover. The most interesting pieces of martial weapons are special fire-arm - silenced and underwater ones, as well as cannons and machine-guns for air-crafts, helicopters, ships and armed-vehicles.
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!
- Text: Fyodor Telin
- Photos: Fyodor Telin