The national military cemetery of Riga is the last resting place of about 2800 (Latvian) soldiers and officers.
On the cemetery are buried:
- 100 Latvian soldiers who fell during the Latvian War of Independence.
- 977 Latvian soldiers who fell during the First and Second World War.
- 101 Soviet soldiers and partisans who fell during the Second World War.
- Latvian soldiers who served in the Wehrmacht and Latvian Waffen-SS Legion. Perished between 1941 and 1944.
- Latvian army officers, decorated with the Lacplesis order, who died between 1920 and 1944.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!