"This Memorial was unveiled on May 11, 2004. It commemorates seven airmen who were killed when their Short Stirling aircraft N3654 15 SQN crashed in Opmeer on May 11, 1941.
- Wing Commander Herbert R. Dale - England RAF - 33 years
- Pilot Officer Peter R. Stephenson Bird - England RAFVR - 20 years
- Pilot Officer Daniel McLean Campbell - New Zealand RNZAF - 25 years
- Sergeant Stanley P. Plumb - England RAF - 24 years
- Sergeant Frank A. Sidney Smith - England RAF - 21 years
- Sergeant Eric R. Lucas - New Zealand RNZAF - 26 years
- Sergeant Norman H Nuttall - England RAFVR - 21 years
The crew is buried in the Cemetery in Bergen NH."
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!
- Text: Arjan Vrieze
- Photos: Mark Muileboom (1, 2, 4), Arjan Vrieze (3)