The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- December 1st, 1918 (Dudendorf, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 11th, 1945
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
August 1st., 1944, Gerhard Kruse was promoted to Major of the Reserve and Commander of II Batallion/Grenadier-Regiment 48
with which he took part in the Ardennes offensive. As of april 1945, Gerhard Kruse is listed as missing in action during the encirclement of the Ruhr area.
April 1st, 1942: Oberleutnant d.R.;
March 1st, 1943: Hauptmann d.R.;
August 1st, 1944: Major d.R.
November 15th, 1944: Kdr. II./Gren.Rgt. 48;
January 15th, 1945: Führer-Reserve OKH.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Scheibert, Horst. Die Träger der Ehrenblattspange des Heeres und der Waffen-SS/ Die Träger der Ehrentaffelspange der Kriegsmarine/ Die Inhaber des Ehrenpokals für Besondere Leistung im Lukftkrieg. Friedberg, Ger.: Podzun-Pallas Verlag, 1986, ISBN 3-7909-0283-7
- Axis History Forum via Awardholders / unit
- Karteikarte via Bundesarchiv