The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- June 1st, 1922 (Aachen/Rhineland, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 19th, 2015 (Cölbe/Hesse, Germany)
- Service number:
- 362.256 (SS.Nr.)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
December 1st, 1941: SS-Untersturmführer;
November 1943: SS-Obersturmführer
1956: Hauptmann (Bundeswehr);
?: Major im Generalstab;
?: Oberst im Generalstab.
May 1941: SS-Junkerschule;
December 1941: SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 1
May 1942: SS-Kavallerieschule;
December 1943: Chef, 4. Schwadron, SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 16;
February 1945: SS-Kavallerieschule;
? : Stab, 11. Panzergrenadier-Division;
1970: stellvertretende Kommando, Panzergrenadier-Brigade 1;
1972: Heeres-Führungsstab, Bundeswehr;
September 30th, 1981: Retirement.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- SS-Obersturmführer (Lieutenant)
- Chef, 4. Schwadron, I. Abteilung, SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 16, 8. SS-Kavallerie-Division (Florian Geyer), Waffen-SS
- Awarded on:
- February 21st, 1945
Boosfeld’s Knight’s Cross recommendation reads as follows…
“Boosfeld has outstandingly distinguished himself during all campaigns of the SS-Kav.Div. During the fighting in Budapest he has once again excelled due to his particular bravery. He has led several counterthrusts on each and every day while fighting at the head of his men. It is thanks to him that the so-called Blood Meadow, a place of vital importance for the resupply of Budapest, was held for such a long time. Despite being wounded himself he threw himself against the broken-in enemy with a few scrounged up men and eliminated threatening penetrations.
Through this he enabled friendly gliders to land on the Blood Meadow under the protection of his Schwadron.
SS-Obersturmführer Boosfeld has 57 verified close combat days.”
- Photo 1: Wehrkundearchiv
- Photo: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- SCHNEIDER, J.W., Their Honor Was Loyalty!, Bender (R.James) Publishing, 1993.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Ritterkreuz Archiv III 2015, September 2915, Verlag Veit Scherzer, ISSN 1866-4709
- Joachim Boosfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Boosfeld, Joachim – Metapedia
- Microfilm Publication A3343. US National Archives.