- Second World War (1939-1945)
- SS-Gruppenführer und Generalleutnant der Waffen-SS (Major-general)
- Kommandeur 16. SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Division "Reichsführer SS"
- Awarded on:
- October 28th, 1944
Four actions are mentioned in his Oakleaves recommendation as contributing to Simon receiving the award...
1) An action on 24.03.1943 at Wjasowok, between Ssamara and Orel.
2) The destruction of enemy forces east of Jeremejewka. (05.03.1943)
3) Launching a thrust towards Tschugujew, which resulted in the throwing back of enemy forces back over the Donez. (14.03.1943)
4) For the defensive battles in Italy on 30.06./01.07.1944 south of and along the Cecina, on 03./04.07. along the line Rossignano-south of Castellina, on the Blue Line (09-11.07.), the Red Position (12-16.07.), the Hildegard Position (17-19.07.) and the Heinrich Position (from 19.07.1944).