- Date of birth:
- August 17th, 1917 (Panitzsch-Leipzig/Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- July 23rd, 2006 (Jever-Friesland/Lower Saxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Erhard Jähnert flew over 622 combat sorties with Stuka Geschwader 3 and sank 3 Russian destroyers in a single day. He finally reached the rank of Major. According to his own words, he was awarded the Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz on April 30th, 1945. However no evidence has been found yet.
October 1st, 1936: Gefreiter;
January 1st, 1939: Unteroffizier;
August 1st, 1940: Feldwebel;
December 1st, 1940: Oberfeldwebel;
December 1st, 1942: Leutnant;
June 1st, 1943: Oberleutnant;
February 1st, 1944: Hauptmann;
May 1945: Major.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberfeldwebel (Flight Sergeant)
- Awarded on:
- March 18th, 1942
Published in the Ehrenliste der Deutschen Luftwaffe on March 23rd, 1942.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- JÄHNERT, E., Mal Oben, Mal Unten, Flechsig, Deutschland, 2009.
- KUROWSKI, F., Knight's Cross Holders of the Afrikakorps, Schiffer Publishing Ltd., Atglen, United States, 1996.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945