The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- September 10th, 1910 (Bonn/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- October 23rd, 1943 (Berlin/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Buried on:
- German War Graves Beuel
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Walter Koch finally reached the rank of Oberstleutnant. He died on 23rd October 1943 in a hospital in Berlin beceause of the wounds inflicted in a plane crash in Tunesia. His body was transferred to Bonn and there buried.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
Helaas geen map gevonden.
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- June 9th, 1941
In the battles in Crete parachute units under the leadership of Major Koch, Hauptmann Altmann and Oberleutnant Genz distinguished themselves through boldness and courage.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Patzwall K., Scherzer V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Geschichte und Inhaber Band II, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001, ISBN 3-931533-45-X
- Ritterkreuz Archiv II/2009, Veit Scherzer, Ranis, Juni 2009, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939 - 1945