The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- October 13th, 1913 (Hasselt-Kleve/Rhineland, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 25th, 2002 (Kalkar-Hasselt/North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Stephan Litjens served with the Bundeswehr from January 22nd, 1956 until March 31st, 1966 and there finally reached the rank of Hauptfeldwebel.
Flew a total of over 400 sorties during WWII. In this time he achieved 38 aerial victories (including 16 in the East and 5 four-engined bombers).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flugzeugführer 4. / Jagdgeschwader 53
- Awarded on:
- June 21st, 1943
Awarded after 31 aerial victories.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher
- - OBERMAIER, E., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Hoffmann, 1989.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Patzwall K., Scherzer V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Geschichte und Inhaber Band II, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001, ISBN 3-931533-45-X
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945