The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Rumpelhardt, Friedrich "Fritz"
- Date of birth:
- June 19th, 1920 (Nordhalden/Konstanz, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 20th, 2011 (Offenburg/Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
Friedrich Rumpelhardt flew as Radio-operator with Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer with Nachjagd-Geschwader 1 and Nachtjagd-Geschwader 4. He was the most successful night fighter radio operator during WWII. He was nominated for the Eichenlaub on March 8th 1945 and completed a total of 130 sorties and participated in 100 night victories.
From 1967 until 1984 he served as Leiter des Landwirtschaftsamts in Offenburg.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Ritterkreuz Archiv Nr. II/11, Scherzer Militaer-Verlag, 2011, Ranis, ISSN 1866-4709
- Die träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eiserne Kreuz 1939 - 1945