- Date of birth:
- January 13th, 1912 (Neviges, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 24th, 1944 (Werl/Saxony, Germany)
- Buried on:
- Cemetery Westönnen
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Heinz Strüning was killed in action on December 24th, 1944 near Werl as Staffelkapitän 9. Staffel, Nachtjagdgeschwader 1.
1 August 1940: Feldwebel
1 July 1941: Oberfeldwebel
1 August 1942: Leutnant
1 August 1943: Oberleutnant
1 April 1944: Hauptmann
Over the course of his career he achieved a total of 30 day and 250 night sorties flown (including about 70 over England), during which he was credited with 56 night victories.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberfeldwebel (Flight Sergeant)
- Awarded on:
- June 2nd, 1942
"Oberfeldwebel Struening (sic) achieved his 15th and 16th nocturnal aerial victory last night."
- Photo 1: Dobri Dobrev
- Photo: Dobri Dobrev
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- OBERMAIER, E., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe, Hoffmann, 1989.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.