- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur Flak-Regiment 135 (motorisiert)
- Awarded on:
- June 4th, 1943
Wolz was awarded the Knight's Cross for the following actions in the North Africa campaign...
1. Forming an emergency Flak front in response to British armoured counterattacks on the second day of the Battle of Gazala, 27.5.1942. They destroyed 24 of the attacking British Grant tanks and helped save the bulk of the Afrika korps from a critical situation.
2. The successful handling of his Kampfgruppe in the heavy fighting near El Hamma on 27.3.1943, where it destroyed 30 US tanks.
3. Covering the retreat of the 15. Panzer-Division and the 164. Leichte-Division at El Agareb on 9.4.1943. His Flak guns destroyed 7 tanks on this day and forced the rest of the attacking force (comprising about 50 tanks) to retreat.