The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- March 23rd, 1892 (St. Arnual/Saarbrücken, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 1st, 1969 (German Democratic Republic)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Major der Reserve (Major of Reserves)
- Führer Grenadier-Regiment 158, 82.Infanterie-Division
- Awarded on:
- April 18th, 1943
The following wartime excerpt describes why Adam was awarded the Knight’s Cross…
“Major der Reserve Adam and his Grenadier-Regiment were involved in heavy defensive combat east of Kursk on the 07.02.1943. In the midst of the bitter struggle to contain the enemy superiority, Major Adam ordered his reserve Bataillon to go from the defense and over to the attack. By doing this he enabled our forces to conduct their intended movements according to plan.”
- Photo 1: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- Photo: Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv
- - GERD NIETRUG, Die Ritterkreuzträger des Saarlandes 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, 2004.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück, 1987.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9