Adrian, Josef-Hubert (Grenadier-Regiment 24)
- Date of birth:
- September 25th, 1911 (Herzogenrath/Eschweiler, Germany)
- Date of death:
- March 1945 (Heiligenbeil, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Josef-hubert Adrian was missing in anction and was declared dead on 18th June 1960.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberfeldwebel der Reserve (Warrant Officer of Reserves)
- Führer, 6. Kompanie, Grenadier-Regiment 24, 21. Infanterie-Division
- Awarded on:
- March 28th, 1945
Awarded for distinguishing himself while his Division fought to guard the entrance to Heiligenbeil in March 1945. Here he and his 6. Kompanie significantly contributed to ensuring that no breakthrough occurred in the Division’s sector. Instead the Division was able to successfully occupy a new blocking position at Hanswalde.
- Photo 1: Igor Poul
- - THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück, 1987.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Axis Biographical Research