The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
Bachmann, Friedrich "Fritz"
- Date of birth:
- February 8th, 1922 (Fessenheim-Nördlingen/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 27th, 2003 (Nördlingen/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
finally reached the rank of Unteroffizier der Reserve.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- 1. / Panzergrenadier-Regiment 7 / 7.Panzer-Division
- Awarded on:
- April 5th, 1945
The 7.Panzer-Division reached Dirchau on 27th January 1945. Heavy fighting followed near Lichtenau, west of Nogat on the road between Elbing and Danzig, approximately 10 km west of Elbing. Encircling of Elbing was eminent. During the fighting round Elbing, Fritz Bachmann showed extreme bravery.
He was submitted for the Ritterkreuz by Generalleutnant Mauss for extreme bravery in the face of the enemy.
- Photo 1: Norbert Beyerlein
- Photo: Norbert Beyerlein
- - Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945