- Date of birth:
- May 9th, 1894 (Hamburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- July 13th, 1981 (Hamburg/Lower Saxony, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
May 4th, 1914: Fänhnrich;
October 21st, 1914: Leutnant;
June 20th, 1918: Oberleutnant G7g;
February 1st, 1928: Hauptmann (28);
December 1st, 1934: Major (15);
October 1st, 1937: Oberstleutnant (3);
September 1st, 1940: Oberst (3);
November 1st, 1942: Generalmajor (17c);
May 1st, 1943: Generalleutnant (2c).
September 1st, 1939: Kdr. I./Inf.Rgt. 89;
January 13th, 1940: Kdr. Inf.Rgt. 382;
August 18th, 1942: Führer-Reserve OKH;
September 15th, 1942: mdFb 75. Inf.Div.;
November 1st, 1942: Kdr. 75. Inf.Div.;
July 10th, 1944: Führer-Reserve OKH;
September 4th, 1944: Kdr. Div.Kdo. zbV 539.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Infanterie-Regiment 382, 164.Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- May 14th, 1941
The following wartime excerpt describes why Beukemann was awarded the Knight’s Cross…
“On the 06.04.1941 Oberst Beukemann was the leader of the foremost divisional march group. The Oberst was constantly among the foremost elements of the infantry as they overcame the Greek border fortifications near Meg Palas. The skillful employment of the Regiment’s Bataillone by the regimental commander enabled the Regiment to make progress towards Xanthi, already occupy this city on the 08.04.41 and reach the bank of the Nestos river near Toxote. With this the preconditions for the crossing of the Nestos river by the XXX. Armee-Korps with the 50. Infanterie-Division were fulfilled. On the 08.04.1941 Oberst Beukemann personally guided the fire of Flak, Pak and even artillery against the Greek cliff position on Hill 785 (Fortress Chinos), which was part of the Metaxas Line. He also led the Grenadiers forwards in this same engagement. The swift advance of the Infanterie-Regiment 382 helped to bring about the capitulation of the Greek Eastern Macedonian Army on the morning of the 10.04.1941.”
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück, 1987.
- Axis History Biographical Research via Axis History Forum
- Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945
- NARA Roll T-78 R884