- Date of birth:
- May 7th, 1892 (Pirmasens/Palatinate, Germany)
- Date of death:
- September 3rd, 1964 (Pech/North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
August 1st, 1941: Generalmajor;
November 1st, 1942: Generalleutnant;
February 13th, 1943: General der Panzertruppen.
1931 - 1934: Berater, Reichswehrministerium;
November 10th, 1938 - February 14th, 1940: Kommandeur Panzer-Regiment 36;
February 15th, 1940 - November 14th, 1940: Kommandeur 5. Panzer-Brigade;
October 22nd, 1941 - October 1st, 1942: Kommandeur 3. Panzer-Division;
October 2nd, 1942 - January 1st, 1943: Führerreserve OKH;
January 3rd, 1943 - February 28th, 1943: Führer III. Panzerkorps;
March 1st, 1943 - May 8th, 1945: Kommandierender General III. Panzerkorps;
May 8th, 1945 - May 1947: Aperican POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Awarded on:
- September 23rd, 1939
Had already received the Iron Cross 2nd Class on September 10th 1914.
- Photo 1: Wilco Vermeer
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer Collection, the Netherlands
- - FEDERL, CH., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2000.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001