The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- May 7th, 1918 (Berlin-Charlottenburg/Brandenburg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- October 14th, 2001 (Frankfurt am Main/Hesse, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Was promoted to Major with date of 9th November 1944. On 1 August 1944 Fellgiebel was arrested by the Gestapo as a suspect in the 20 July 1944 plot to assassinate Hitler. He was released for lack of evidence, but re-arrested in February 1945. Generalfeldmarschall Ferdinand Schörner personally interceded and restored Fellgiebel's rank to Major and assigned him as commander of Artillerie-Abteilung 935.
Was for a long time Präsidiumsmitglied und Vorsitzender der Ordenskommission der Ordensgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger des Eisernen Kreuzes e.V(OdR). After the Second World War he also was decorated with the Verdienstkreuz 1.Klasse Bundesrepublik Deutschland (4th July 1975) and the Europakreuz of the Confédération Européenne des Anciens Combattants (1st November 1987).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (1st Lieutenant)
- Chef 2. / leichte Heeres-Artillerie-Abteilung 935 (motorisiert)
- Awarded on:
- September 7th, 1943
Fellgiebel was awarded his Knight's Cross for actions during the Soviet Offensive in September 1943.
- Photo 1: Norbert Beyerlein
- Photo: Norbert Beyerlein
- - Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9