- Date of birth:
- April 21st, 1920 (Weinheim/Baden, Germany)
- Date of death:
- January 24th, 1979 (Viernheim/Hesse, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
November 1941: Gefreiter;
January 1943: Obergefreiter;
September 1943: Unteroffizier.
December 4th, 1940: Wehrmacht;
1941: Infanterie-Regiment 105;
April 1942: Stabskompanie, Infanterie-Regiment 105;
September 1943: Gruppenführer, Pionierzug, Stabskompanie, Grenadier-Regiment 105.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Unteroffizier (Corporal)
- Gruppenführer, Pionierzug, Stabskompanie, Grenadier-Regiment 105, 72. Infanterie-Division
- Awarded on:
- January 13th, 1944
On the 03.12.1943 Unteroffizier Lammer and his squad of six men were deployed as infantry near Cherkassy. Equipped only with infantry weapons, they nonetheless were able to hold a key position against a much numerically superior foe. They were even able to retake an important block of houses in an attack executed on Lammer’s own initiative, resulting in that an important supply road remained in German hands. Lammer would be heavily wounded during this time, but for his achievements would be decorated with the Knight’s Cross.
- Photo 1: Norbert Beyerlein
- Photo: Beyerlein sammlung
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- SCHERZER, VEIT, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2015.
- Ritterkreuz Archiv III 2015, September 2915, Verlag Veit Scherzer, ISSN 1866-4709