The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- November 20th, 1914 (Northampton/East Midlands, Great Britain)
- Date of death:
- June 5th, 1997
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Robert Deacon Elliot also received the Officer to the Order of the British Empire (OBE - June 10th, 1954).
December 10th, 1939: Pilot Officer on probation;
December 10th, 1940: Pilot Officer;
?: Acting Flight Lieutenant;
?: Flying Officer (war subs.);
December 10th, 1941: Flight Lieutenant (war subs.);
May 20th, 1945: Squadron Leader (war subs.);
September 1st, 1945: Squadron Leader;
?: Acting Wing Commander;
July 1st, 1947: Wing Commander.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Acting Flight Lieutenant
- No. 72 (Basutoland) Squadron, Royal Air Force
- Awarded on:
- October 17th, 1941
"This officer has been engaged on operational flying since December 1939. He fought in the Battle of Britain during which he destroyed 4 enemy aircraft. In addition to participating in many night patrols, Flight Lieutenant Elliott has been largely responsible for the training of new members of his squadron. Throughout, he has shown exceptional skill and courage."
- Wing Commander
- Awarded on:
- June 10th, 1954
On the occasion of the Celebration of Her ajesty's Birthday.
- Photo 1: Tom MacLean
- Photo: Tom MacNeill
- - The London Gazette of 26th December 1939, Issue 34760
- The London Gazette of 21st January 1941, Issue 35049
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 23rd September 1941, Issue 35284, dated 24th September 1941
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 14th October 1941, Issue 35312, dated 17th October 1941
- The London Gazette of 20th January 1942, Issue 35426
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 26th June 1945, Issue 37153, dated 29th June 1945
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 28th December 1945, Issue 37407, dated 1st January 1946
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of 29th March 1946, Issue 37518, dated 2nd April 1946
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 18th July 1947, Issue 38020, dated 22nd July 1947
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 1st June 1954, Issue 40188, dated 10th June 1954