Oversier, Cornelis Laurens "Kees"
- Date of birth:
- October 2nd, 1920 (Dordrecht, the Netherlands)
- Date of death:
- July 14th, 2019 (Dordrecht, the Netherlands)
- Dutch (1815-present, Kingdom)
?: Reserve 2e Luitenant;
September 15th, 1945: Reserve 1e Luitenant;
March 15th, 1948: Reserve Kapitein;
April 1st, 1952: Reserve Majoor.
?: Sectiecommandant, 1e Compagnie, 1e Bataljon Grenadiers;
1944: Sectiecommandant, 3e Compagnie, Binnenlandse Strijdkrachten;
March 1946: Hoofd, Gevechts-Inlichtingen en Veiligheidstroepen, Tijgerbrigade, Semarang.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Reserve-tweede luitenant Infanterie (Reserve Second-Lieutenant Infantry)
- Sectiecommandant, 1e Compagnie, 1e Bataljon Grenadiers
- Awarded on:
- August 24th, 1946
"Has distinguished himself by brave performance against the enemy, by on May 11th, 1940 as commanding officer of two sections Grenadiers on his own initiative and although heavy enemy machine gun fire made progress difficult, managed to take the objective "Belvedere" on the road from LOOSDUINEN to MONSTER, of which the occupants heavily obstructed the attack on Ockenburg."
Royal Decree No. 6, August 24th, 1946.
At the time of the action he stil held the rank of Vaandrig.