The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- February 3rd, 1915 (Mannheim/Baden, Germany)
- Date of death:
- June 9th, 1997 (Reinbek/Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- SS-Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Kommandeur, SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 10 Westland, 5. SS-Panzer-Division "Wiking", Waffen-SS
- Awarded on:
- April 20th, 1945
Franz Hack was the first person whose awarding of the Eichenlaub did not occur with a number. According to his own words the award was made by SS-Obergruppenführer Gille and SS-Oberführer Ulrich. The awarding was confirmed by an entry between 15th - 20th April in the recommendations book of OKH/PA/P 5 and an entry in the Soldbuch of Hack with the date of 20th April 1945. According the countings it would have been the 844th Award.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kwasny A., Kwasny G., Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945 (CD), Deutsches Wehrkundearchiv, Lage-Waddenhausen, 2001
- Durante T.M., The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II, Philippe De Bock, Tom Durante, Pascal Huysmans, Belgium, 2007, ISBN 9789081230117
- Schneider J.W., Their Honor was Loyalty!, R. James Bender Publishing, 1977
- Dörr M., Die träger der Nahkampfspange in Gold, Heer- Luftwaffe- Waffen-SS 1943-1945, Biblio Verlag Bisendorf, 2006.