The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- April 15th, 1914 (Bonn/Rhineprovince, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 13th, 2011 (Cologne/Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann der Reserve (Captain of Reserves)
- Führer Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4 / 4.Panzer-Division
- Awarded on:
- September 2nd, 1944
On the 30.07.1944 Hauptmann Kendler and his Aufklärungs-Abteilung launched an assault from Grodzisk and took the villages of Mendle, Grodzisk and Kozolo despite hard enemy resistance. The Kampfgruppe Kendler was then able to restore contact with the 2. Armee in the village of Drochlin when it linked up with the Armee Sturmbataillon. For his actions and bravery during these battles Kendler would be decorated with the Knight’s Cross.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher
- Photo: Willi Schumacher collection
- - DEBUS, ARNO, Die Ritterkreuzträger der 4. Panzer-Division: 1939 - 1945, Selbstverl. des Hrsg., 2011.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9
- Patzwall K., Scherzer V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Geschichte und Inhaber Band II, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001, ISBN 3-931533-45-X