- Date of birth:
- September 20th, 1921 (Salisfeld/Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia)
- Date of death:
- April 28th, 1945 (near Vlasatice/Moravia, Czechoslovakia)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Kurt Knispel finally reached the rank of Feldwebel. He destroyed a total of 168 enemy tanks. He was seriously injured in a battle near Stronsdorf, Austria and died of his wounds in a hospital in Vrbovec on April 28th, 1945. After the war his grave was lost. Czech authorities confirmed on April 10th, 2013 that his remains were discovered during archeological research.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Unteroffizier (Corporal)
- Awarded on:
- April 25th, 1944
"The Unteroffizier Knispel in a heavy tank detachment in the east destroyed 101 tanks in the timeframe from July 1942 and March 1944."
- Photo 1: Wikimedia Commons
- - PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Kurowski F., Feldwebel Kurt Knispel, Der erfolgreichste Panzerschütze und Panzerkommandant des 2. Weltkrieges, Flechsig Verlag, Würzburg, 2007