- Date of birth:
- March 27th, 1907 (Grambin/Pommerania, Germany)
- Date of death:
- April 18th, 1996 (Gelsenkirchen/Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
January 1st, 1938: Feldwebel;
November 1st, 1939: Stabsfeldwebel;
April 23rd, 1940: Leutnant der Reserve;
?: Oberleutnant der Reserve;
?: Hauptmann der Reserve;
December 1st, 1941: Hauptmann;
February 20th, 1944: Major.
October 3rd, 1927: Polizeischule Treptow;
October 1st, 1935: 15. / Infanterie-Regiment 25;
?: Zugführer 3. / Infanterie-Regiment 509;
?: Infanterie-Regiment 571;
March 16th, 1942: Chef 5. / Infanterie-Regiment 668;
November 22nd, 1942: Führer I. / Grenadier-Regiment 668;
August 10th, 1944: Führerreserve;
May 1st, 1945 - 1950: POW.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Kommandeur, Kampfgruppe, 15. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- March 11th, 1945
Awarded for distinguishing himself as a Kampfgruppe commander in the 15. Infanterie-Division during the fighting amongst the Slovakian mountains in early 1945. He did so particularly while defending against overwhelming Soviet forces around Malinec on the 23.01.1945. All of this was achieved under very difficult circumstances and with a hodgepodge of various units that included Hungarian battalions.
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück, 1987.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht