- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberstleutnant (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Kommandeur, Grenadier-Regiment 208, 79. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- January 20th, 1943
Awarded the Knight's Cross for his leadership of Grenadier-Regiment 208 during the following actions...
1. His regiment's achievements during the Second Battle of Kharkov. In particular their holding of Bereka and Passiki when Soviet armour attacked them on 12.05.1942.
2. The capture of Rowenki during Operation Blue on 09.07.1942. 13 Soviet battle positions were destroyed and an intact bridge over the Aidarbach was seized.
3. The role of his regiment during the attack on the Red October factory on 23.10.1942.