- Date of birth:
- March 5th, 1890 (Munich/Bavaria, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 17th, 1957 (Landshut/Bavaria, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
December 24th, 1910: Unteroffizier;
May 25th, 1911: Fähnrich;
October 28th, 1912: Leutnant;
January 14th, 1916: Oberleutnant;
October 1st, 1918: Hauptmann;
October 1st, 1920: Polizei-Oberleutnanti;
June 27th, 1929: Polizei-Hauptmann;
December 22nd, 1933: Polizei-Major;
March 1st, 1935: Polizei-Oberstleutnant;
August 1st, 1935: Oberstleutnant mit RDA vom 1-3-1935 (8);
October 1st, 1937: Oberst (2);
October 1st, 1941: Generalmajor (3);
October 1st, 1943: Generalleutnant (1).
September 1st, 1939: Kdr. Inf.Rgt. 179;
June 5th, 1940: Führer-Reserve OKH;
June 4th, 1941: Kdr. Inf.Rgt. 187;
November 21st, 1941: Führer-Reserve OKH;
January 12th, 1942: mdFb 323. Inf.Div.;
February 12th 1942: Kdr. 323. Inf.Div.;
November 5th, 1942: Kdr. 299. Inf.Div.;
May 3rd, 1943: Kdr. 390. 390. Feldausbildungs-Div.;
June 20th, 1944: Kdr. 390. Sicherungs-Division z.b.V.;
December 10th, 1944: Kdr. Div.Nr. 526.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberst (Colonel)
- Kommandeur, Infanterie-Regiment 187, 87. Infanterie-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- July 9th, 1941
Awarded for his successes during the first days of Operation Barbarossa. On the afternoon of the 22.06.1941 he demonstrated outstanding leadership during the attack against the commanding high ground northeast of Nowogrod and during the fighting between Nowogrod and the Bobr river. Later, on the 25.06.1941, he and his Regiment overcame the 10+ km wide Biebrza (Bobr) river and its associated wetlands. By doing so they formed a bridgehead south of the Osowiec fortress. This bridgehead on the river’s eastern bank tied down strong Soviet forces and ultimately forced their higher leadership to give up the fortress of Osowiec itself.
- - THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück, 1987.
- Die Ordensträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht (CD), VMD-Verlag GmbH, Osnabrück, 2002
- Fellgiebel W.P., Elite of the Third Reich, The recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939-1945: A Reference, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003, ISBN 1-874622-46-9