- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Luitenant-ter-Zee 1e Klasse (Lieutenant-Commander)
- Hr. Ms. O 21, Koninklijke Marine
- Awarded on:
- July 23rd, 1947
For having distinguished himself in battle by having performed oustanding acts of courage, tact and loyalty:
1. by having exercised command under difficult and hazardous conditions and in a bold and skillful manner as commander of Our submarine O-21 on numerous patrols in the Meditterranean in 1941, having attained valuable successes in the war effort against the enemy,
2. During the patrols of March 6th to March 24th , 1941 in the waters of the Indonesian Archipelago, again as commander of Our submarine O-21 in a manner equal to that of 1941 having caused serious damage to enemy material and personnel, despite strong enemy resistance.
Royal Decree No.23, dated July 23rd, 1947.